Safe Rooms and Vault Rooms
SAFE ROOM / VAULT ROOM
What Is a Safe Room?
A Safe Room is a highly reinforced room in your home, office etc. that provides forced entry protection, ballistic protection and severe weather protection. These rooms keep you safe and they are sometimes known as Panic Rooms.
A Safe Room can also be a walk-in vault, room. Similar to a bank vault only a smaller more affordable and highly customized personal vault. We sometimes call these vault rooms. These are great for storing and displaying your collections. These rooms protect your valuables.
A Safe Room can also be a gun room. A place where you store and dispay and gunsmith your firearm collection or reload your ammo. We provide ballistic protection in case of accidental discharges while cleaning and handling your firearms. A sturdy door keeps out prying eyes.
Fema has a pamphlet on suggested safe room practices called FEME P320 (2021) and it details safe rooms for severe weather events. These safe rooms are made mostly of reinforced concrete tied at the ceiling and floor. Let us know if this is the type of protection you are looking for.
Our Safe Rooms are bullet resistant, forced entry resistant, and can be seamlessly integrated into your existing home. We can hide the safe room by matching the safe room door to the existing doors in the home or by concealing the entrance behind secrete bookcases and disguised walls.
These rooms, once exclusive to the very wealthy, used to cost over $350,000. or more! Due to advances in anti-ballistic materials and structural reinforcement methods, the average homeowner can now have their own customized safe room starting around $10,000!
One room can play many roles! Gun Vault, Safe Room, Panic Room, Storm Room, Valuables Safe. Your new home can have security and versatility built into any space you decide.
What Is A Safe Room?
A Safe Room is a modified, highly reinforced room in your home that can be used for storing valuables and as a place of retreat for your family in the event of a break-in.
Safe Rooms are bullet resistant, forced entry resistant, and can be seamlessly integrated into your existing home.
Safe Rooms used to cost over $100k or more, but due to advances in anti-ballistic materials and structural reinforcement methods, the average homeowner can now afford their own custom safe room.
Why Safe Rooms?
Were not trying to scare anybody and Colorado is on the right track for improvement but…
- Based on an audit performed by the City of Denver, police response times to calls categorized as imminent danger or a life-threatening emergency averaged 14.3 minutes.
- The average buglar spends 8-10 minutes on the scene.
- Colorado ranks 2nd in the usa for Crimes against property.
- Even though great measures have recently been taken to reduce crime in Colorado, it is up to us to fortify our own homes to our individual security needs.
- A fire arm as a means of protection is risky at best. You don’t want to have a shootout in your house. Even among highly trained shooters, up to 70% of shots can miss in a high-stress, self-defense situation and stray bullets can easily travel through walls where others are residing.
- Security cameras are great if you want a video of someone committing a crime on your property but does nothing to stop criminals from entering your space.
Home Fortification Specialists
Colorado Safe Room was founded by Michael Besser and Chris Baker to help people feel safe in their homes. In 2014 we started researching, sourcing and testing new and innovative materials at the Sparticus Combatives training facility.
With that we have assembled a talented team of Safe Room Specialists that understand the subtlties in construction that can make a big security difference. With over 35 years of professional experience in project management of both residential and commercial construction, and as owner of Colorado Safe Room, Michael Besser is motivated by one overriding objective, customer satisfaction.
I specialize in creating zones of retreat that stop bullets and are resistant to extreme forced entry attacks. Utilizing state-of-the-art materials, our team can seamlessly integrate a safe room into your home that will appear no different than the other rooms in your house. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be rich for this type of high-end security!
Due to advances in anti-ballistic materials, safe rooms and fortified home features are now extremely affordable. Call us today to discuss how we can fortify areas in you home or the whole building envelope.
Building a New Home?
- This is an ideal time to discuss your custom Safe Room options with us. We can work with you every step of the way to help you save money by working with your builder.
- Safe Rooms do not need to be an elaborate maze of hidden shelves and sliding bookcases. These rooms can be simple, affordable, and accessible.
- One room can play many roles! Gun Vault, Safe Room, Panic Room, Storm Room, Valuables Safe. Your new home can have security and versatility built in from the day you move in!
Weapon Storage Packages
This package uses 2 of our 24” x 36” wall panels and a mixture of vertical, horizontal and handgun hangers. It’s designed for on-wall installation. All rifle/ long gun hangers can be adjusted to fit each specific rifle and allows room for optics. Great for display and efficient storage.
These panels can be configured with other packages using the Standard wall panels.
- 1 rifles horizontal
- 6 rifles vertical,
- 6 handguns vertical
- 8 to 10 handguns magazines
- 8 to 10 rifles magazines, .223